* Bergen Xpress staff has passed NCSI criminal background checks.
Phil Hogan is entering his 11th season as Head Coach and co-founder of Bergen Xpress. Phil is a USATF Certified Level 1 & Level 2 Throws Coach. He specializes in throwing events, including shot, discus and javelin, and oversees track meet entries and practice scheduling. Contact Coach Phi
Michele Hogan, Team Admin and People Coach, is entering her 11th season as a co-founder of Bergen Xpress. She oversees all registration, logistics and team financial activities. She coaches the parents and the BCX coaching staff. Contact Michele.
Joshua Spears, Senior Assistant Coach
Coach Josh, who has 20+ experience as a youth coach, specializes in strength, conditioning and teaching proper running and jumping form. He also oversees the training and care of all our injured athletes. Coach Josh is the safety coach at Teaneck Pop Warner Football. He holds safety certifications in Red Cross CPR, USA Football and Rutgers University S.A.F.E.T.Y. Clinic. Contact Coach Josh
Rob Douglas, Assistant Coach
Coach Rob is a former professional football player for the New York Giants. Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, he was an All State football player and State Football Champion. He attended the University of Memphis and played football for the Tigers from 2001-2005. Coach Rob was acquired by the New York Giants and played with the Giants from 2006-2008.
George E. Jenkins, Advisor & Coach
George, known to his athletes as “Coach Do-Over,” advises Coach Phil on the team’s conditioning program, and works duirng the championship rounds with hurdlers, long sprinters, distance runners, and jumpers. Contact Coach George. He has 15 years experience as a youth coach, officiates high school and college track meets and coaches master’s and post-collegian athlete’s year round. He’s a former NCAA certified coach at Bloomfield College and Montclair State University.
George’s coaching accreditations include:
- International Amateur Athletics Federation Level V Elite Coach
- USATF Level 3 Youth , USATF Level 2 Endurance & Multi-events, USATF Level 1 Coach
- USATFCCCA Track & Field Coaching Certification
- Certified USATF Official and New Jersey Track and Field Asso., High School Track & Field Meet Official
- Safesport Training, U.S. Olympic Committee
* All Bergen Xpress coaches have undergone NCSI criminal background checks.